Open to any venue that has a strong green, sustainability or energy saving programme in place. If a venue has installed solar panels or water saving devices, only sources local produce and donates toiletries to charity, then this category is for you. From recycling, waste management, energy and efficiency and the venues’ contribution to the local community, this category is looking for venues with a real dedication to reducing their carbon footprint. Show how these changes have been implemented and the difference it is making to the venue.
- Any UK venue or hotel demonstrating thought leadership and excellence in the field of sustainability
- Venue can be both purpose-built in terms of sustainability or demonstrates innovation and investment in the application of sustainable practices within its current infrastructure
- Both individual hotels and venues may enter as well as hotel groups
- The venue/hotel provides evidence of catering options that are environmentally friendly as well as cost neutral for the B2B market 40%
- The venue/hotel provides an effective waste and recycling programme for both staff and guests/delegates 40%
- The venue/hotel demonstrates its use of technology and communication excellence to facilitate a sustainable business both internally as well as externally 20%