Open to any venue with an event space that was not designed as such but is utilised for events used by external clients and is unusual in its design or original purpose and/or in its history of use.
Nominees need to demonstrate how the space can be used for multiple purposes which sets the space apart from the standard characteristics found in purpose built event venues.
- Open to UK hotels and meeting and event venues including those whose main activity is not business events but which hire its facilities for external use.
- The event space should be either multi- purpose or originally designed for a purpose other than meetings and events.
- Purpose built event spaces are NOT eligible for this award.
- Nominees need to demonstrate the multi-purpose nature of the event space and in what ways the space can be described as unusual.
- Nominees need to demonstrate a high level of customer service and benefits for customers and delegates.
Nominees should include supporting evidence to explicitly demonstrate the unusual nature of the space and how its original purpose evolved into use as an event space. In addition supporting evidence might include (but not limited to), client testimonials, references, case studies, Net Promotor Scores, repeat business percentages.